At this stage of the lockdown game, we’re all craving newness.
A year of weekends cooped up on the sofa has seen most of us completely exhaust every one of our favourite recipes, as well as every local takeaway menu. But with another two weeks of staying within 5kms of home to endure, Electric has come to the rescue with a brand new dish to look forward to.
The South Mall bar and restaurant might be closed for now, but the team inside have been hard at work on an exciting new Bao Bun menu, which finally goes live tonight, Thursday, April 1st.
If you’ve never tasted a bao bun before you’re in for a treat; soft pillowy pockets of steamed bun piled high with crunchy veg and tender meat, they’re like an exotic cousin of the kebab, but neater and much better looking.
The Electric bao buns are €5 each and come in five delicious flavours:
- Gochujang and mango beef sake and lime with citrus mayo
- Korean chicken with pineapple, chilli and soya glaze
- Szechuan pulled pork topped with pickled veg
- 5 spice cauliflower with sriracha mayo, lettuce, carrots and daikon
- Asian wild mushrooms in garlic and ginger sauce with sesame mayo, pickled veg and crispy onion
There’s a special offer too; the Electric €40 Bao Box includes one edamame and one starter (do not skimp on the Shichimi onion rings, they don’t come crispier), four bao buns and two desserts.
The new menu will be available weekly from Thursday-Saturday (4pm-9pm). Order for click and collect via the website or check out the menu for delivery on Just Eat and Deliveroo.
May we can endure another weekend in after all.