Three Cork pharmacy beauty salons will be repurposed as vaccination centres
Still waiting for your vaccine appointment?
You might recognise your vaccination venue from a previous visit.
McCauley Health and Beauty Pharmacy has announced that six of its community pharmacies have been selected by the Health Service Executive (HSE) to act as Covid-19 vaccination centres in support of the national mass vaccination programme currently underway.
The chain has repurposed six of its former beauty salons (three in Cork), all of which closed in 2020. Each venue will have the capacity for up to 200 vaccinations daily, starting next month.
The centres are:
- McCauley Health and Beauty Pharmacy, Douglas Shopping Centre, Cork
- McCauley Health and Beauty Pharmacy, Blackpool Shopping Centre, Cork
- McCauley Health and Beauty Pharmacy, Fermoy Medical Hall, Cork
- McCauley Health and Beauty Pharmacy, Redmond Square, Wexford
- McCauley Health and Beauty Pharmacy, Court street Enniscorthy, Wexford
- McCauley Health and Beauty Pharmacy, Fairgreen Shopping Centre, Carlow
“McCauley continues to play an important role in the communities in which we operate during the pandemic,” said Shane O’Neill, Superintendent Pharmacist of McCauley.
“We are delighted to play our part in the ongoing battle against Covid-19 and to get the country fully open in the coming period.”
McCauley will provide the vaccination service for all vaccine types and has a pre-registration facility available to members of the public on its website mccauley.ie.