Four Cork locations feature in a new Lonely Planet list of ‘off the beaten track’ sights
You’ve probably visited all of them already.
But Lonely Planet has published a new list of eight top ‘unfrequented destinations in Ireland’ – and half of them are in Cork.
The list, compiled in collaboration with Sony Mobile, aims to alert staycationers to the top lesser-known locations offering unparalleled levels of beauty on our shores.
Cork attractions include spectacular Mizen Head and the sub-tropical Garnish Island, home to exotic plants and foliage from around the world.
“The pandemic caused us all to pause and re-evaluate how we travel, and now is the perfect time to update that bucket list with some of these under-the-radar places you might have overlooked in the past.” said Tom Hall from Lonely Planet.
Here’s the list in full:
- Mizen Head Cliffs, Co. Cork, Ireland
- Lackan Strand, Co Mayo, Ireland
- Sky Garden, Russagh, Co. Cork, Ireland
- Birr Castle, Co Offaly, Ireland
- Garnish Island, Bantry Bay, Ireland
- Slieve Bloom Mountains, Co Laois, Ireland
- Sliabh Liag (Slieve League) Cliffs, Co Donegal
- Cobh, Co. Cork, Ireland