This sounds like a lovely night out.
The Kino is reopening on Monday, July 20th, and while staging live gigs is a tricky business at the moment, the team has come up with a way to squeeze good things into small packages.
“For gigs and events, under the new guidelines, we are reducing our capacity from 200 right down to 60 people.” the venue owners said in a statement on Facebook.
CORK! We are doing two gigs in @Kino_Cork on the 31st July & 1st August! These may be the only gigs we do this year so if you want to be entertained live and in person by the hellish and hearty Mary Wallopers, watch this space for the tickets! xoxo pic.twitter.com/8dpyhMhFhP
— The Mary Wallopers (@marywallopers) July 13, 2020
“All shows will be fully seated at tables for 2 – 5 people. Tables can be booked from kinocork.com and uticket.ie. Our lovely staff will provide table service and we have a brand new cocktail menu to whet your whistle while you listen to actual live music.”
Cocktails, table service and live music? Count us in.
Here’s the live music line-up for the coming weeks:
- Friday, July 24th: The Tan Jackets Rock & Roll Revue – €12 + booking fee per person. Doors 9pm
- Saturday, July 25th: Junior Brother – €15 + booking fee per person. Doors 9pm
- Friday, July 31st: The Mary Wallopers – €20 + booking fee per person. Doors 9pm
- Saturday, August 1st: The Mary Wallopers – €20 + booking fee per person. Doors 9pm
- Sunday, August 2nd: Foxy P.Cox’s Peacock Parlour – €25 + booking fee per person. Doors 8pm
And there’s more good news; Kino Café will be open Monday – Friday, 8am – 3pm on Washington Street from Monday, serving Red Strand Coffee, Lovin’ Salads and home baked pastries and treats.