Brought to you by Soul Fest Cork.
It’s the perfect way to see out the summer.
Soul Fest, Ireland’s only soul music festival is returning to the streets of Cork, with a jam-packed programme of soul, funk, food, drinks, and entertainment taking over the city from August 26th to 28th, 2022.
With headline concerts in City Hall, around 20 venues will be taking part across the city, as well as a live Soul Train, a Block Party, and pop-up performances to enjoy as you soak up the atmosphere.
“This is the ultimate party festival – and we want the people of Cork to come get their groove on with us, both day and night,” said Festival Director Sinéad Dunphy of Eventi Management.
View this post on Instagram
“Soul Fest has something for everyone and we want this Festival to be enjoyed by as many as possible, ensuring this Festival is made in Cork, made for the people of Cork, and will always keep Cork city at its heart, we can think of nowhere else that has such Pure Soul!!”
Here’s a taste of what to expect:
- As a pre-opener to the Festival, a soul selection taster event will be held at the Poor Relation on Thursday evening with some surprise guests getting everyone in the mood for the weekend ahead.
- The Festival, held in association with Island’s Edge, officially kicks off on Friday, August 26th, with a live soul train grooving its way through the streets of Cork for all to enjoy.
- On Friday evening Laoise Leahy will kick off all things live and soulful with her big band in Cork City Hall bringing the majestic venue back to its groovier life, not seen since before the pandemic.
- With support from Cork Heritage Pub Trail, Saturday kicks off with a soulful brewery tasting tour at Rising Sons brewery with accompanying special soul food bites on offer at the local brewery – booking is required through the soulfestcork.com website.
- Throughout Saturday, there will be pop-up events across numerous venues around the city before the crowd heads to Cork City Hall for Chicago-born, soul-diva Karen Underwood.
- On Sunday, a Block Party will take over Cornmarket Street with the funkiest bands on the scene taking to the stage throughout the day from 1pm.
To close out the Festival, Crane Lane Theatre will host a Festival Wrap Party ’til late, making sure that the Festival goes out with a soulful bang with even more live music on offer from 8pm.
For more details on participating venues, and tickets for Cork City Hall concerts, visit soulfestcork.com or check out @soulfestcork across social media.