You can’t bate a burrito.
But in Cork, the burrito bowl is having a major moment as takeaway fans ditch the wrap and tuck into the filling with a fork instead.
In fact, according to Deliveroo’s annual ’Deliveroo 100 Report’ – a list of the top trending dishes ordered on the platform from across the world – the Burrito Bowl from Cork’s Boojum was the most popular dish ordered nationally in 2022.
“Across the island of Ireland, homegrown restaurants came out on top with the most popular 30 dishes all coming from indigenous Irish businesses rather than global fast food chains.” a Deliveroo spokesperson said.
“From spice bags to gyros, the Irish embraced cuisines from all corners of the world but the beloved burrito topped the list.”
Here are Deliveroo Ireland’s top ten ordered takeaways:
- Burrito Bowl from Boojum, Cork
- Chicken Gyros from Yeeros, Dublin
- House Bao Buns from Bao Bun, Belfast
- Burrito from Tolteca, Dublin
- Spice Bag from Xian Street Food, Galway
- Kerala Coconut from Kerala Kitchen, Dublin
- Wow Cheeseburger from Wowburger, Limerick
- Cheeseburger from Bunsen, Dublin
- Seed Caesar from Seed, Belfast
- Tenders With 2 Dips from Mad Egg, Dublin
Burritos have reached the top spot in three markets including Ireland, and whether in a wrap or a bowl they make up 5% of the global 100 trending dishes.