Puppies are adorable… but they don’t come with a manual.
While your new housemate might be small, they can require a mighty amount of energy to keep them from turning your home into their very own doggie domain.
If you’d like to ensure you get off on the right foot during the lockdown, Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind trainer Rosemary O’Keeffe is hosting an online training session that will teach you everything you need to get started.
The New Arrival Survival Guide Puppy Webinar is happening on Thursday, January 14th, 2021 at 6pm.
Tickets are a reasonable €10 (a donation to the Guide Dogs) and the session will cover the following topics with a Q&A at the end:
- How to select your new family member
- Preparing for your new arrival
- The first week home – what to expect
- Forming good habits and preventing problem behaviours
- How to read basic canine body language
- Building a strong and safe relationship between your dog and your children
To join in, make your €10 donation here and you will receive a link to the live training session. There’s no limit on who can take part from your household so it’s a good idea to get everyone on board.