At a loose end this weekend?
Well, if you like salted meat, sugar, butter and chocolate, consider yourself busy all morning.
We’ve nabbed the recipe for Lily O’Brien’s uniquely delicious double chocolate and maple bacon brownies.
Possibly the only brownie recipe you’ll also need a frying pan for, these babies are so naughty that you’ll want to keep them all for yourself.
Although we can advise that’s probably not a good idea.
· 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon
· 50g Maple syrup
· 250g butter
· 300g dark chocolate buttons by Lily O’Brien’s
· 4 eggs
· 280g caster sugar
· 100g flour
· 75g cocoa powder
· 125g milk chocolate buttons
1. Place bacon and maple syrup in heavy bottom pan and fry until crisp, turning often and basting with maple syrup, remove from pan and set aside.
2. Melt Lily O’Brien’s dark chocolate buttons and butter in a bowl over simmering water.
3. In separate bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, flour and cocoa, stir in the melted dark chocolate and butter mixture, once incorporated fold in milk chocolate buttons and chopped candied bacon.
4. Pour into lined baking tray – bake at 160C for 30/35 minutes
5. Leave to cool – enjoy warm with a serving of vanilla ice cream