Okay, first of all, excuse for us for even appearing to suggest that you take down your Christmas tree so soon after Christmas. Given the year that we’ve all had, you are justified in leaving your arboreal source of joy up for as long as you want.
However, if it helps you plan for January, here are the various locations in Cork where you can dispose of your Christmas tree in a the correct way.
Cork City Council has published a list of Christmas tree recycling spots that will be in operation between January 3rd and 31st.
- Gus Healy Swimming Pool, Ballinlough (adjacent to the green)
- Clashduv Park, Togher (adjacent to bring bank site)
- Ballincollig Regional Park, Ballincollig (on green adjacent to bring bank site)
- Murmont Road, Montenotte (adjacent to the green)
- Sam Allen Sports Complex, Gurranabraher (adjacent to the green)
- Tramore Valley Park, South Link Road
- Cork City Council offices, Glanmire, T45 YD83 (green in front)
In a statement, the council has advised: “Cork City Council appeals to members of the public to dispose of Christmas trees at these designated locations only.
“Any persons found disposing of Christmas trees at sites other than the above mentioned will incur a fine.”