Tickets go on sale at noon today, Friday, June 5th.
And if you want to get your hands on a Cork’s Long Table Picnic Hamper on June 21st, make sure you’re waiting on the website when they go live.
Just like the famous annual South Mall dinner (cancelled this year because of Covid-19 restrictions), the Cork’s Long Table Picnic is guaranteed to be a sell-out, with foodies already clamouring to nab one to enjoy at home.
Designed to be enjoyed à deux, the picnic box includes four delicious courses for two people.
At €150, it’s not a budget option, but if you’re celebrating something (or someone) special this month it’s a luxury treat; inside, every morsel of seasonal produce will have been plucked, pulled or harvested from the Cork region.
The contents of the hamper include:
- Bertha’s Revenge Sloe Gin
- Poiré Fine Perry from Killahora Orchards
- Longueville Cider
- Fresh breads from Farmgate café and Arbutus
- Hederman’s Hot Smoked Salmon Crush
- Roulettes of sea trout from the Farmgate
- Ali’s Kitchen vegetarian dip
- Fresh leaves and edible flowers from Waterfall Farms
- Nash 19’s herbed fillet of beef with free-range egg mayonnaise
- Dockland’s New Season potato salad
- Gubbeen cheese, St Tola Goat Cheese, Ali’s Kitchen crackers
- Pastries from The Imperial
- Bushby’s Strawberries from Rosscarbery
Each box will also include refreshing fresh-cut flowers from Hanako so you can decorate your table before you dig in and a special edition Cork’s Long Table apron.
“We would hate the date to pass without marking it this year so we decided to do a picnic reflecting the tremendous season which we will be reopening with, foods bursting with flavour and anticipation,” said Cork’s Long Table collective founding member Claire Nash of Nash 19.
“We are all chomping at the bit to reopen, start cooking and looking after our customers again. We hope you’ll join us for another glorious day in Cork.”
How can I get one?
The contents of the hamper will be cooked and prepared by the chefs from The Imperial Hotel, Farmgate Café, Ali’s Kitchen, Dockland Restaurant and Nash 19; and packed with the help of Crawford & Co, Jacobs and Electric.
Hampers will be available for collection between 12.30pm and 3.30pm on June 21st(Midsummer’s Day and Father’s Day) from The Imperial Hotel at designated times to adhere to social distancing guidelines. A limited number of tickets for hampers will go on sale at noon today, Friday, June 5th via the Cork Midsummer website.