Brought to you by The Cork International Airport Hotel.
If you dream in dark, white and milk chocolate, keep the last weekend in November free.
The Cork Chocolate and Baking Weekend is returning to The Cork International Hotel, with a schedule of mouthwatering fun that will make all your dreams come true.
But it’s not all about stuffing your face, you know.
From November 23rd to 25th, some of the best chocolatiers and bakers in Europe will land in Cork to host fun events and inspiring workshops that celebrate chocolate in all its gooey glory, so you can learn about chocolate as well as devouring it.
Here are five events we’re already drooling over:
1. Cork Chocolate Dinner: The annual Cork Chocolate Dinner will take place on Friday, November 23rd at Cork International Hotel. Every course on this decadent menu is crated by a guest chef and involves cocoa, with expertly matched wines chosen to complement every dish. It’s all your chocolatey dreams come true.
2. The Great Cork Bake Off: If you can’t get enough of the tasty competition on TV, check out this real-life version in the marquee on the Sunday. World-renowned chocolatier, Paul A Young will be flying in from London for the weekend, joining Merrion Hotel pastry whizz Paul Kelly to judge.
3. The Chocolate Exhibition: Let your tastebuds guide you through the exhibition hall where you can sample new flavours, stock up on artisan chocolates to take home and chat to some of the leading lights in the chocolate world throughout the weekend.
4. Themed workshops: Special themed baking events will teach you how to wow your family, friends and colleagues with your homemade treats. We’re looking forward to the Christmas workshop, keep an eye on the site for the full list.
5. Tasting rooms: Mini tasting rooms will allow guests to enjoy 30-minute tasting sessions for an in-depth culinary education on cocoa content and chocolate. There will also be a children’s zone on the first floor with workshops for the younger budding bakers.
Cork Chocolate and Baking Weekend will be open to the public on Saturday, November 24th and Sunday, November 25th 2018, from 11am – 5.30pm each day.
Weekend packages are available here, while day events are €15 per person and include access to the fair, cookery demonstrations and workshops for a three-hour period. Children’s tickets (€5) also include children’s workshops. Tickets will be available to purchase in advance for either the 11am – 2pm slot or the 2.30pm – 5.30pm slot.