It’s official… when it comes to weddings, casual is the new cocktail.
According to Cork’s busiest stylist, if you’ve got an invitation to an autumn/winter bash this year, you can dispense with the fashion rule book.
“The days of the co-ordinated, super-formal wedding guest outfit are over.” says Opera Lane’s resident fashion maven Natasha Crowley.
“New season trends dictate a more relaxed attitude to wedding dressing. Don’t be afraid to experiment with more fashion-led pieces like a dramatic printed midi dress or keep the lines clean with a tailored two-piece.”
The key takeaway?
“The easiest way to be the best dressed is to be YOU.” says Natasha. “Inject personality and fun while upping the fashion ante with some show-stopping accessories.
Here are five tips to get you started:
1. Ditch the traditional head piece: Swap the feather fascinator for a fabulous head band.
2. Hit the dancefloor: Don’t be afraid to ditch the stilettos in favour of stylish flats, sandals or kitten heels to ensure you dance the night away, blister-free.
View this post on Instagram
3. More is more: Style up a floral dress with some cool accessories. Hit Topshop and River Island for fabulous statement earrings.
4. The best things come in small packages: Try a micro bag on for size – they’re just roomy enough for a phone, a lipstick and a credit card.
5. Suits you: Instead of a dress, try on a tailored suit. It will look sharp on the day and you can use the individual pieces to build countless other looks.