These are the locations for 10 new parklets set to pop up throughout Cork City
The first one was a resounding success.
Now Cork City Council has announced the locations of ten new parklets, similar to the pop-up park on Douglas Street, that will be created throughout Cork City as part of the ‘Re-imagining Cork’ programme.
In early September, business owners, institutions, neighbourhood organisations, and other community-based groups were invited to become a ‘parklet partner’.
Cork City Council is now providing the funding for the installation of each parklet, after which the parklet partner will oversee its day-to-day upkeep and planting.
Working with social enterprise ‘Benchspace’, the new parklets will be installed over the next number of weeks at the following locations:
- Three Piggies, Union Quay
- Quay Co-op, Sullivan’s Quay
- Imperial Hotel, South Mall
- Butter Museum, Shandon (in partnership with Shandon Area Renewal Association)
- Civic Trust House, Pope’s Quay
- Lavit Gallery, Wandesford Quay
- Main Street, Ballincollig (in partnership with Ballincollig Tidy Towns)
- Main Street, Douglas (in partnership with Douglas Tidy Towns)
- Crestfield Shopping Centre, Glanmire (in partnership with Glanmire Area Community Association)
- Muskerry Arms, The Square, Blarney