Four new murals are underway across Cork.
And as the second installment of the much-lauded Ardú Street Art project rolls out across the city, the next three locations for large-scale artworks have been revealed.
With Belfast artist Friz almost finished her piece at St Finbarr’s Road, we can also expect the following new pieces:
- Shane O’Malley at Lower Glanmire Road/Horgan’s Quay
- Conor Harrington at Bishop Lucey Park
- Asbestos at South Main Street.
— Ardú Street Art Project (@ArduStreetArt) September 29, 2021
In more exciting news, the public is invited to visit the mural sites while the artists’ work, observe their process and finished pieces, and also get involved at an exciting series of hands-on activities at Wandesford Quay Courtyard, all supported by Backwater Artists Group, Cork Printmakers, the Lavit Gallery and Cork City Council Arts Office through the Arts Council of Ireland’s In The Open – Faoin Spéir award.
Ardú Activities at Wandesford Quay Courtyard include:
- Artist-Led Tours: Saturday, October 2nd at 3pm and 5pm. Join a walking tour around Ardú’s new Street Murals and learn about the artworks from the creators themselves.
- Ardú Workshops: Sunday, October 3rd, 12pm-2pm and 4pm-6pm
Both street art workshops will be led by artists and Ardú co-founders, Shane O’Driscoll and Peter Martin. These workshops intend to give participants an insight into the processes and planning behind creating a large-scale mural, as well as looking at some spray painting techniques. All materials will be supplied.
Tickets (from €10) will go on sale at 10am on Thursday, September 30th, 2021 via Eventbrite and early booking is advised due to very limited capacity.