Here’s an easy-peasy tomato soup you can make in 30 minutes
There are few things more healthy and filling than a good homemade soup.
They’re fun to make too; when the weather outside is freezing cold, there’s nothing more cosy than popping on a podcast and chopping veggies for a bubbling pot of deliciousness.
Of all the childhood comfort foods out there, tomato soup is probably the one we all crave the most… and this is the best recipe we’ve found for whipping up a big vat of it in half an hour.
Top up the bowls with your choice of parmesan cheese, sour cream, fresh shredded basil or crunchy croutons to keep things interesting throughout the week… just don’t be surprised if it doesn’t last that long.
- 4 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 white onion
- 1 stick of celery
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2.5 pints of vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Mince the onion, celery and garlic and add to a deep pot with the olive oil. Cook gently for ten minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and mix well.
- Add the canned tomatoes, stock, balsamic vinegar and sugar and season well.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and allow to simmer gently for 20 minutes.