We are all guilty of this.
Leaving your phone plugged in to charge while you sleep is a risk most of us take every night.
However, some horrifying new images issued today by Cork City Fire Brigade have made us reconsider.
As part of their #SmokeAlarmsSaveLives campaign, the Fire Brigade tweeted a shocking image of a melted plug socket, a burned pillow case and charred sheets – a shocking reminder of the dangers of leaving your phone plugged into the mains while you sleep.
Phone Charging advice!
Don’t leave devices charging on a bed or couch. Charge phones, laptops etc. on a hard surface with plenty of ventilation around them.#18FSW#SmokeAlarmsSaveLives pic.twitter.com/qSWUcbAjx7
— Cork City Fire Brigade (@CorkCityFire) October 4, 2018
The fire fighters advise: ‘Don’t leave devices charging on a bed or couch. Charge phones, laptops etc. on a hard surface with plenty of ventilation around them.’
That’s us told. From now on we’ll only be charging our phones by day.