It’s time to say goodbye.
Even the cheeriest spruce is starting to look a bit sad by now, and if you’re ready to say goodbye to Christmas this week, there are a number of locations around Cork where you can fling your fir during January.
Cork City Council will provide facilities for the acceptance of Christmas trees for recycling from householders in Cork City free of charge at any of the sites listed below from January 3rd to January 31st, 2024:
Times: Between 8am and 5pm.
- Gus Healy Swimming Pool, Ballinlough (adjacent to the green)
- Clashduv Park, Togher (adjacent to bring bank site)
- Ballincollig Regional Park, Ballincollig (on green adjacent to bring bank site)
- Murmont Road, Montenotte (adjacent to the green)
- Sam Allen Sports Complex, Gurranabraher (adjacent to the green)
- Tramore Valley Park, South Link Road
- Cork City Council offices, Glanmire T45 YD83 (green in front)
“These drop-off points are not for commercial use.” said a Council spokesperson.
“Community groups that are organising collections for the elderly or those who need assistance are encouraged to contact Cork City Council directly via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.”