Brought to you by Opera lane.
Ever feel like you have NOTHING to wear?
With a little clever planning, everyone can create a capsule wardrobe of failsafe items that always look stylish.
The trick, according to resident Opera Lane stylist Natasha Crowley, is to choose carefully, picking a handful of basics that flatter your shape and work well with the more stand-out pieces.
“It’s fashion for those days you’re feeling uninspired but still need to pull a killer look out of the bag.” Natasha told us. “You know these pieces will always work hard for you.”
Here are Natasha’s top five wardrobe must-haves
1. The ultimate grey t-shirt: “The hardest working item in any wardrobe, if you have a clean, flattering tee in your arsenal you’ll always have the perfect base to any look.
2. The crisp white shirt: “From office to beach and back to brunch, a crisp white shirt can tone down a crazy print or dress up some classic jeans.”
3. The perfect pair of jeans: “The perfect pair isn’t about one particular style, it’s all about the right style for you and your body shape. Take the time to experiment and figure out which shapes look the best on you.”
4. The jacket: “Living in Ireland you know we’re all about the jacket. Whether it’s a khaki green utility jacket or the trusty blazer, invest in the perfect one and you’ll always keep your outfit looking smart.”
5. The ideal heel: “Much as we all love our flats there are times when nothing but a heel will do. Borrow from French girl style and always make sure whatever heel you go for you’ll be able to walk in them. Nothing kills a stylish look like ‘newborn calf’ legs.”