It’s a dream ticket for a budding entrepreneur.
Twelve ambitious Cork start-ups have been chosen to attend a one-week, all expenses paid intensive boot camp in Boston, in April 2018.
Over fifty Irish start-ups applied to be part of Bridge to MassChallenge Cork, a global non-profit no equity start-up accelerator competition, which, to date, has accelerated 1,211 start-ups worldwide, creating over 65,000 direct and indirect jobs.
Twenty were shortlisted to take part in a three-day intensive boot camp in Cork and now the following 12 successful start-ups will advance to the next stage, a week-long Boston trip packed with tailored training and workshops, one-on-one mentorship from top international experts, networking and unique access to the cities’ business ecosystems.
The finalists are:
1. Alcass Health Solutions is a provider of innovative devices and software in the area of Preventative and Rehabilitative Medicine.
2. BioBind provide a disruptive, low-cost, customisable technology that empowers biology researchers to see what they need to see inside and outside the body.
3. CroiValve is a transcatheter device which will improve patients’ lives and save money by reducing hospitalisations
4. CortechsConnect makes high-quality mobile games that use cognitive therapies, brainwave assessments and prescriptive digital solutions (games) to improve attention.
5. Gasgon Medical: Risk from air embolism is difficult and expensive to manage, Gasgon Medical’s solution improves on tools that are currently available.
6. Hidramed Solutions Ltd.: Proof of concept for a wound care system for people living with chronic wounds, which makes the users’ wound care regime easier, quicker and less painful.
7. Marion Surgical work through VR and world class haptic/sensory technology. Marion Surgical simulators enable surgeons to learn, collaborate, practice and share procedures in a realistic, safe, cloud hosted environment.
8. Medrec.io facilitates the free flow of data in a secure way across participating providers. A medical data platform, it puts patients and workers at the heart of the health care system.
9. myAccessHub provides intensive support to businesses across all sectors to increase their accessibility, particularly for people with Autism.
10. Nasal Medical develops anatomically designed nasal medical devices to assist better breathing.
11. Remedy Biologics Ltd. The company’s founders believe in personalised, cell-based, autologous anti-tumour therapy through technology innovation and cell manufacturing automation in colon cancer.
12. ViClarity is a governance, risk, compliance solution that enables financial services and healthcare organisations to identify, monitor, score and report on risk and compliance.
The top two companies from this group will be selected to go forward to second round judging for one of MassChallenge’s international accelerators.
Follow the progress of the final 12 on Twitter @b2mcCork or LinkedIn #B2MCCork.